Amber's Reviews > Shadows

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: must-have, alien, all-time-favorites
Read from February 23 to 26, 2012

I can't get enough of this cover!!!

I couldn't get enough of the Double D's!! (Daemon and Dawson) They are like yin and yang. This story was fantastic, but I wouldn't expect anything less. Jennifer Armentrout sure knows how to write a story you want to live vicariously through.

In Shadows, we meet Daemon's brother Dawson. I would say he is the sweeter of the two, but when it comes down to something he feels passionate about (Bethany) he doesn't hold back. It was sweet to see how Dawson and Bethany's relationship unfolded and how deep their love for one another was. The chemistry between them was exciting. I loved Dawson's protective side and he was always a gentleman. Taking her on dates to special places, even meeting her parents. Their excitement towards being with one another was sweet and swoonworthy.

The Lux warned Dawson that their relationship would cause nothing but trouble and he should stay away from Bethany, but Dawson's emotional pull towards her was too strong. He wanted her more than anything. He would protect her and be with her.

Dawson and Dee were also very cute. They have a special bond between them that was playful yet very real and honest. It was nice to see the triplets together and interact. In Obsidian we didn't get to see that side of them.

Against their better judgement, Daemon and Dee stood by Dawson. Their unconditional love for one another was captivating.The ending had my eyes all saucy and my chest was tight. I felt crushed! The scene with Daemon and Dee pushed the sauce in my eyes over the rim. I admit, I was heartbroken.

Shadows sets Onyx up perfectly. There's new twists in the story that are exposed. I can't wait to see what will happen and if the new characters will be implimented in the next installment.

Bravo, J.A., you've done it again!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows.

02/26/2012

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jess So is this book a prequel to the first?

~Tina~ Damon and Dee broke me in the end as well. So sad:(
Great review babe!!

Amber Yes, it sure was :( Thanks, Tina!