L-D's Reviews > Cherish Your Name

Cherish Your Name by Mary Calmes

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: demons, m-m, novella, paranormal-abilities-superpowers, pnr, sentinels-warriors-swordsman, series
Read in January, 2012

Okay - this is not my favorite Mary Calmes series by a long shot, and I thought this was going to be a quick Christmas novella with not much substance. Malic with Dylan's family at Christmas, possibly saves the day...3 star at best. But okaaaay, I really liked this one. I think I liked this so much because it really made me like Malic, the big, brooding, badass warder. I didn't even like Malic in his first book with Dylan. He was a bit emotionless for my taste. But what I liked about this book was that he acted like how I think a real man would act in this situation. So his cute, twenty-something boyfriend wants to go out clubbing with his high school friends? Whatever. I'm going to meet the hot dude next door and go play some poker with his pals and smoke cigars. So Dylan's family doesn't like him? Fuck it. I'll go clean the gutters and rake the yard so I don't have to talk to anyone. There was no mooning over the boyfriend who wasn't paying attention to him, or woe is me my boyfriend's family doesn't accept me. Malic is all about - fuck this shit, this is the last Christmas I'm coming here. I. Love. That.

Okay, so don't worry, it does have a happy ending, but I just loved that it wasn't all dancing sugar plums. My favorite book in this series so far.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cherish Your Name.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kinny You are so right. I love the way Malic stood up for himself and did not force himself on people who were rude to him. It made Dylan snap out of his thoughtlessness and was a slap on the shaw family who went out of their way to make him feel unwanted. Malic was pretty cool in this one.

message 2: by L-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

L-D Thanks! I was definitely pleasantly surprised by this book. I agree with you - I was annoyed at how the family treated Malic. While Malic was always gruff, I thought they would at least be as sweet and loving as Dylan and give him the benefit of the doubt, but they were surprisingly judgmental. But seriously - I totally loved the way he dealt with it. He's all alpha, all the time :)