Brown.carolyn's Reviews > Kissed by an Angel

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler

U 50x66
Dec 12, 11

So I'm not gonna lie, I bought this book for the cover artwork! It was a little bit reminiscent of Twilight, so I couldn't resist. However, I ended up reallllyyyy loving it! I would've given it 4 1/2 star if I could. The first part of the book started of a little (okay a lot!) corny, and definitely felt like the young adult readers it was categorized for. The whole Tristan and Ivy love story was a tad rushed and overdone, making it feel a little like a Harlequin novel, but once you got past that, it was smooth sailing!
This book was a romance, thriller, and murder mystery all in one! I just couldn't get enough. Every chapter left you guessing who the murdered was after the newest clues were revealed, and eventually I grew to love Tristan myself. In part two, we were also introduced to Lacey, a character that I relished. She had attitude and sarcasm, and just made the story that much better. The ending was a tear-jerker, when Ivy finally had to let go of Tristan for good, while Tristan urged her to find love again.

[image error]
As much as I loved this book, I couldn't rate it the full 5 stars because there were two issues that bothered me at the end of the story. The first is that we find out that Lacey is in love with Tristan, but the story ends without ever finding out Tristan's reaction to this news, or about what Lacey's 2 year angel mission was (an issue that got brought up in almost every single chapter of the book). Secondly, I thought it would have been an adorable ending if Ella the cat had gone to heaven and stayed with Tristan, or even Lacey for that matter, to keep her company while she kept on her mission. For these reasons, I felt a little cheated at the end. But overall, this is a great book for adults and teens alike, and you really can't lose with all the different themes running through the book!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kissed by an Angel.