Katie's Reviews > Betrayed

Dec 12, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: vampires, young-adult, read-in-2010, fantasy, paranormal
Read in January, 2010

I wanted to enjoy this book, because it was obviously a lot better than the first one, but heavy foreshadowing constantly ruined my reading experience. It made the characters seem extremely stupid - half the time I was like, the author's cramming information and hints down your throats and you're still completely clueless? Jeez.
Also, if I recall correctly, Zoey used to call Aphrodite & CO sluts in the first novel. In this book, Zoey is involved with no less than THREE guys. At once. Talk about hypocrisy.
I'm also not a fan of the writing style. I can't grasp it why an author who's trying to create a tense atmosphere would write something like this:
"The sides of the walls looked like they had been gouged out by very drunk Tolkien dwarfs (again, I am aware that I'm a dork)."
Why?!
And I still can't get over the fact that Zoey Redbird's f-ing one hundred per cent perfect. At least the other characters started showing some more personality than just simple stereotypical character traits.

So I am indeed willing to read the next volume, because I simply want to know what'll happen next.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayed.