Mariela's Reviews > The Unwritten Rule

The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott

Dec 11, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, wish
Read in December, 2011

One of my favorites. Sarah is a very interesting character. It really sucks being in love with your best friend's boyfriend. I was shuttered every time the three if them would hang out. Which I find super weird, I mean no one likes being the third wheel. I don't think Ryan should have let the relationship last that long with Brianna. Brianna is a very annoying person and I could not stand her. It's so true that the way she talk was so fake. She could insult you and make you feel like she was doing you a favor at the same time. I feel Brianna was a very petty and insure person. I really think she did know that Ryan liked Sarah from the beginning and that Sarah liked him too. She probably hated that he over looked her for Sarah. Brianna's parents suck very badly and I guess I feel bad for her. Her parents are horrible and yeah I know she feels alone and the need to have people love her is understandable to a certain point. I mean, she wants to force people to love her. Sarah gets kinda pathetic on how much she relies Brianna on way to much but then again that's how Brianna wants her to be and she is Sarah's only friend. I love that Sarah and Ryan end up together and loved the moment when they do. One of my favorite parts was at the end when Brianna close the door on Sarah. Sarah in my opinion was finally free of her and can now enjoy the really great things in her life. Like Ryan. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unwritten Rule.

Quotes Mariela Liked

Elizabeth Scott
“ I've been taught that love is beautiful and kind, but it isn't like that at all. It is beautiful, but it's a terrible beauty, a ruthless one, and you fall-you fall, and the thing is-
The thing is you want to. You don't care what's coming you just want who your heart beats for.”
Elizabeth Scott, The Unwritten Rule

Elizabeth Scott
“I wants us to be real. I want to be just you and me.
- Ryan”