Kashif Ross's Reviews > The Soulkeepers

The Soulkeepers by G.P. Ching

Dec 12, 11

Read in December, 2011

The book starts out with an amazing line that evolves into a mystical story essentially about light and dark. The fantasy does follow a typical pattern of boy meets girl in new town and finds trouble. However, GP Ching leaves you guessing with the details in every chapter. Where's his mom? Why's he so special? What's everyone hiding from him?

For the first two weeks, I found myself reading a chapter per night due to my schedule. However, just yesterday, I couldn't put the book down. There were so many questions I needed answers to and I needed to know those answers right then and there. I couldn't have been happier with the results.

The main character has two sides to him. At times he's likable. Other times, you'll wonder why he made such stupid decisions. I found myself disagreeing with him and practically yelling at the Kindle to guide him down the right path. Though my screams didn't get through, I realized how the author had drawn me into the story.

There are downsides so don't think this will be a perfect read, but it is an excellent story. There are grammatical and spelling errors, but life goes on. I zoomed past them to see what was about to happen next.

Soulkeepers goes down as my favorite read of the year. With only a few days left before 2012, I doubt anyone will come close.

I forgot to mention that there's a preview for the second book at the end. I'm pretty hooked and hope to find time during my vacation to read. I want to support the author anyway so it'll find itself on my Kindle soon.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Soulkeepers.