Mauve7's Reviews > There You'll Find Me

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

Dec 11, 2011

bookshelves: awesome-chicks, awww, cutie-patootie-heroes, holy-crap-didnt-see-that-coming, inspirational, looooooove, self-esteem-issues, soulmates, sweet, swoon-worthy, amazing, favorites
Read from December 26 to 27, 2011

To say that I loved this book would be akin to the understatement of the century.

Finley is a wounded, broken teenaged girl who goes to Ireland to find God and see the beautiful country through her deceased brother's eyes. Who she meets along the way help to shape her life in more ways than one.

The book was so magnificently beautiful. It was tinged with hope, fear, grief, love, tenderness...it struck a nerve. It deals with very heavy subjects but in such an inspirational way. My heart is still heavy and full. That is the evidence of a wonderful and true author, when your heart is invested in the characters, in their well-being, in their lives and you begin to evaluate your own because of a story. This book has done this for me. I could relate to Finley and because of her, I could relate to Beckett. Normally I pick my books because of the romance aspect, but in this book I wanted the romance to take an even farther backseat to what was going on. (I never thought I would say something like that about romance!) However, the sweet love between Beckett and Finley was integral to the story and part of the band-aid that helps Finley heal. Jones's descriptions of Ireland were the icing on the cake. One day I will go there and think about this book and just be with God.

No adjectives are worthy of describing this story. Words just fail to do it justice.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There You'll Find Me.

Quotes Mauve7 Liked

Jenny B. Jones
“This is Ireland, Finley. It's rough. It's wild. And it is holy.”

Jenny B. Jones
“- We don't even like each other.
- I pretty much can't stand you.
And then his lips crushed to mine.”

Jenny B. Jones
“You can talk to your old dad about anything, you know. Except boys. And bras. And that Bieber fellow.”

Jenny B. Jones
“To truly try means to accept God's love, his healing, to accept the world can be ugly, but your heart doesn't have to be. It takes courage, Finley the warrior. You haven't held on to your anger and bitterness in search of healing, but as a banner of your hurt. Because it's real and visible and strong, " she said. "But so is God's love and so are those arms he's holding out for you.”

Jenny B. Jones
“Does your love reach this far, God? And if it extends to heaven and beyond… why can’t it seem to find me?”
Jenny B. Jones, There You'll Find Me

Elisa I loved this book too! of course, I love everything that jenny b jones writes so this is no exception. I get what you mean about relating to Finley because I found myself relating to her too. And I'm excited to say that I'll be going to Ireland this summer so I can't wait to match jenny's descriptions with the actual place!