Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog's Reviews > Double Clutch

Double Clutch by Liz Reinhardt

4.5 Stars

I can't believe this book has been sitting around on my Kindle since December and never got around to reading it until now. WTF is wrong with me? I really enjoyed this story. Like Brenna, I fell head over heals in love with Saxon, then a minute later, fell in love with Jake. Oh the dilemma she has! This is why I love to read because I can vicariously live through these characters.

I really don’t need to recap this story in length since its pretty simple. Brenna just returned from Denmark after a year absence. She’s going to two different schools. During the first half of the day, she attends a regular High School and in the afternoon, she attends a Technical school for Graphic Design. She meets bad boy Saxon in class and sparks immediately fly between the two. They get into each other’s skin like no other and immediately form a kind of twisted connection to each other. No worries, it’s not a bad connection to have. Then Brenna goes off to Tech school and meets Jake. He’s pretty much the opposite of Saxon, but in his own charming and sweet way, makes Brenna’s heart flutter. The two boys were best friends at one point in their lives, but have since fallen out of their friendship. However, only one of the boys won her heart. Which one, I won’t tell, but the connection she still has with the other is threatening her current relationship.

This was definitely a roller coaster ride. The only reason why I didn’t give it the full five stars is because of the characters' ages. They seemed way more mature for their ages, especially Brenna. She’s only suppose to be fifteen, going on sixteen, in the story. It was a little unbelievable, so part of me had to make their characters a little older in my head. No biggie. This is a Mature YA story, so expect a little steam and a little bit of cursing, which was just peachy with me. Moving onto the next book...
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Clutch.

Alexis *Reality Bites* Love Brenna! Enjoy!!!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Alexis wrote: "Love Brenna! Enjoy!!!"

Brenna is awesome and i cant decide whether i like Saxon or Jake better. I'm really enjoying this. I can't believe I haven't read this yet. It's been on my to-read list and on my kindle for months now. Shame on me! lol.

Jennifer I loved this series. I totally love Saxon, but I have a bad boy fixation. However, Jake is clearly the better one.

Jennifer There's a curve in the story too. I don't remember which book it's in though

message 5: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle [Helen Geek] Ooo! I want to read this one. It keeps popping up. Keep us posted, please!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Jenn, I think the curve you mentioned just happened. Whoa! Did not see that coming!

Michelle, I really really liked this. Definitely mature YA. I think you'll like. I'm off to buy the second one :)