Amanda's Reviews > Culinary Intelligence: The Art of Eating Healthy

Culinary Intelligence by Peter Kaminsky

Dec 11, 11

bookshelves: advanced-reading-copy, nook-tablet
Read in December, 2011

I received a copy of this book via the Edelweiss advanced reading copy website for my nook-tablet.

Peter Kaminsky's Culinary Intelligence: the Art of Eating Healthy and Really Well is an interesting book with an interesting premise. He has decided that it is more important to enjoy the food you eat, rather than the amount of food. He has come up with something he calls 'flavor per calorie' or FPC. You will have more satisfaction eating food with good flavor even if you have to eat less of it.

He details his upbringing and how his family created a love of food and the flavors that he has carried throughout his life. He also details his descent into his middle-aged paunch and how he justified it. He then discusses how he brought himself out of it and into a much healthier lifestyle, despite the roaming lifestyle he lives. He also talks about how he finds the flavors to enrich his meals no matter where he is.

I really enjoyed reading this book. He seems to have a sensible approach to losing weight that is based on regulation, but not denying. Now I've just got to get enough bravery to start some of the principles that he sorts out![

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Culinary Intelligence.