Laura Z's Reviews > Winterling

Winterling by Sarah Prineas

Dec 16, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, zz-reads-2011, juv-fic-mys-sf-nf-bio, paranormal-supernatural, own, started-series
Read from December 11 to 15, 2011

I received Winterling free through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway in return for an honest review of the book.

Sarah Prineas has created a rich fantasy world in Winterling with an exciting alternate world of magic, snow, and characters who may or may not be everything they seem to be. Fer, a seemingly ordinary schoolgirl, is drawn into The Way where she must find out if she is more than she thinks she is. The rules are much different in the new world with oaths, thrice asked questions, strong spells, wildlings, seeing stones, and magical Pucks--Pucks who can turn into dogs or horses. Why does she feel that something is wrong on the magical side of The Way? Who is The Lady? Can she help this alternate world to be set right from a horrific evil?

I loved this book and can’t wait for the second book in this series to come out so I can find out even more about this world! It was a fun read. I’ll be first in line for the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winterling.

12/11/2011 page 26