Ali Amin's Reviews > Metro 2033

Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

M 50x66
Dec 11, 2011

Read in December, 2011

Don't let my less than perfect score for this book discourage you, purchase it now. If givcing it 5 stars would have made you lust for it more, then imagine I gave it 5. It deserves that. I only give it a 4 in hopes that it may improve from my slight criticism, to create one of the best books of all time. Now, on to the review. This book's many drawbacks don't actually dereriorate the overall experience. The author is amazingly creative and he invokes many images. Dmitri knows how to take the readers' personal experiences and incorporate them with his world. Although the book drags, in how he may spend 3 or 4 paragraphs decribing the architecture of the entry of a station, it is still interesting, even though it isn't skippable as many important pieces of information lie in these prolonged descriptions. The book rushes to a slightly unsatisfying close, although the premise of the close is very interesting. It makes you have a very passionate want for the next book and it is worth buying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Metro 2033.