Paige's Reviews > Seduced by the Highlander

Seduced by the Highlander by Julianne MacLean

Oct 01, 14

bookshelves: i-own, 2012-books
Read from March 11 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy

Wow, I’m just amazed at what I just finished reading. I loved SEDUCED BY THE HIGHLANDER. From the moment I bought it at the store, I was excited to read it. When I discovered it was the third book in the HIGHLANDER series, I instantly bought the first two.

I discovered I didn’t much care for them, the second one in particular. Had I found the first book first, I probably wouldn’t have given this series a second thought. Needless to say when I finally picked this up to read I wasn’t too thrilled about it. I was really wrong. I wish the first two had the feel that this one had.

Playboy Laird of War, Lachlan MacDonald finally meets his match when Raonaid curses him with the ability to impregnate any woman he sleeps with and she will die during the birth on the tenth anniversary of his wife’s death, whom died in childbirth.

For three years Lachlan suffers and while he lashes out at his friends such as Angus. He leaves Angus to continue his search for Raonaid.

He believes he finds her pretending to be Lady Catherine Montgomery. She tries to claim she has no memory, but Lachlan isn’t falling for it. Going from one threat to the other, he finally agrees to take her to Angus for him to make the final decision on who she is since he was her lover.

The past five years of Lady Catherine Montgomery memory is gone. She fears all the evil things Lachlan tells her she did is true and can’t imagine ever being that way. She feels pure in her heart, other than the lingering feeling for the man accompanying her.

Up until Angus declares she’s NOT Raonaid, Lachlan has had reason to fight these funny feelings he had been feeling. Now it appears he’s kidnapped a prominent woman in society and he has nothing to keep his funny feelings down.

It’s soon clear Catherine is Raonaid’s twin sister.
Angus knows of Raonaid’s location because of the rumored revolt she and his brother in law Murdoch are planning together. Angus sends Lachlan, with a warning to stay away from her, and a few other men to see her to meet her sister.

During the travel, both their feelings are put to the test and despite the curse, the warnings to him, and him not being a suitable husband for her b/c of her status they end up in bed pleasuring the other, which leads him to pulling out a second after he comes.

During the last leg of their trip, he proposes to her. She refuses b/c of his fear behind the proposal. This puts another strain on their relationship as they both take it the wrong way.

When Lachlan reaches Raonaid, he begs of her to remove the curse for he has finally found love. Raonaid laughs and informs him there was never a curse. He goes on to inform her of Catherine’s presence.

They get together later after they know the curse is fake, but when he won’t come inside her she informs him he can’t hold back for his fear of her death during childbirth. Not standing for that, she walks out.

Despite Lachlan’s fears at her meeting her sister the two hit it off, but when the story of their birth is revealed it threatens Raonaid’s composure. Asking her to stay and help return her memories, Catherine sees glimpses just before Murdoch shows up.

He shoots her in the back just before Raonaid takes him out. Holding her hand during her recovery, Lachlan learns one day of happiness with her is worth whatever might happen. Willing her to wake up, he proposes to her the right way for all the right reasons.

10 years later they have seven kids, are living with Angus and Gwen (who are also on baby number 7, and she keeps in contact with her sister and cousin.)
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced by the Highlander.

03/11/2012 page 26
8.0% "Much more interesting start than the others. Great start!"
show 2 hidden updates…