Lindsey's Reviews > Starlight

Starlight by Erin Hunter

Dec 14, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: animals, fantasy, series, warriors
Recommended for: Warriors fans
Read from December 11 to 14, 2011

This one had a fair amount of things going on so it was less of a drag that the other book was. I still have serious issues with how one-dimensional the Erins choose to write romance. I don't know why they bother to put it in the stories if they're not going to spare the time to develop it beyond "intense electrical jolts" and whatever else. Especially since the relationship started in this book is supposed to be the crux almost all the books after this hinge on. And I don't believe it remotely. I actually like Brambleclaw and Hawkfrost, even if it makes Brambleclaw as dumb as a rock. But I'm a sucker for brother relationships, especially poisonous ones. As long as I get more of that in the next book, I'll be happy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starlight.

12/12/2011
30.0% "I really hate how much it's emphasized that these cats cannot exist without establishing their artificial boundaries. Even to the point where the cats who broke the boundaries for love are looking down the friendship they forced the prophecized group to forge in the first place. I don't understand what the Erins are trying to teach through this."
12/14/2011
60.0% "Ugh, Brambleclaw is picking up Firestar's traits of judging everything. Also, I'm not hot on how dumb the Erins have to make Brambleclaw to make their brothers plot plausible. I think he can tell his bro is a bit power-hungry. Maybe a little more of how he relates to this because of how Firestar is depriving him would make this less forced. Just get me to the bros training with Tigerstar already."