Elizabeth Soiles's Reviews > The Notebook

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

F_50x66
Jan 19, 12

“What? You haven’t read that book! That’s like the best book ever!” That was the response I got every time I mentioned I hadn’t read the Notebook. After hearing all these wonderful reviews and comments, I had to read it for myself. That’s what I exactly did. I locked myself away in my room and became immersed in the world of Allie Hamilton and Noah Calhoun.

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks is a heart wrenching yet heartwarming love story I’ve ever read. It leaves you drowning in your tears and smiling until your face hurts. Allie Hamilton and Noah Calhoun weren’t ever supposed to be together. They came from different backgrounds. Noah is a small-town boy who has a deep passion for poetry. Allie comes from a family that’s from riches and luxuries. This all changes when they cross pass one summer day during their teen years. This is not just one of those typical summer flings. They fall truly, passionately, and madly in love with each other. However, their differences cause them to part. Allie and Noah lose connection for nearly seven years.

Nicholas Sparks writes this amazing story in both the main characters perceptive. It is told in two different time periods. One is when Noah is reading from the notebook, reminding Allie about their everlasting love. The other story is told in the present day while both of them are growing old together. Sparks uses incredible diction to capture the precious moments and feelings of Allie and Noah.

The Notebook best displays true love will conquer all. In one part of the book, Allie forgets who Noah is. She is yelling and screaming at this “stranger”, who was there for most of her life. Noah is crying, trying not to lose faith that one day Allie will fight Alzheimer’s. Overall, I will recommend this book for anyone. Just make sure, you have a box of tissues by your side!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Notebook.