Chelsea Decker's Reviews > The Act of Marriage: The Beauty of Sexual Love

The Act of Marriage by Tim F. LaHaye

Dec 11, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in December, 2011

I would definitely suggest this book for any married couple. I think there's too much information for engaged couples, but nevertheless, it has information on anything you can think of, I think, when it comes to being newly married. But word of caution, it doesn't beat around the bush - it tells it like it is. And for those naive souls like me who haven't heard much, it's a lot to soak in and understand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Act of Marriage.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angela A very good read, yes, but be careful when the authors go into the doctrinal parts, as they are Protestant and not all of the doctrine is correct as we understand it in the LDS faith. Also, I think they put a little too much emphasis on climaxing at the same time.

Chelsea Decker Well I knew it wasn't endorsed by the church, but a past bishop gave it to us, so there must be good stuff. But it has great values for the Christian community, which I think a lot of people in this world need to adopt.

Angela Very true - I'm not saying it's bad by any means, just to be careful on some of the doctrine just to remember it may not be 100% accurate. It's mostly very good. :)