Cat's Reviews > The Princess Diaries

Genre:
Length/Pages: 283 pp
Publisher/studio: Rebound by Sagebrush
Age: 10 and up

Annotation/Teaser: If you thought high school was hard, now try being a princess.

Plot Summary:
Mia Thermopolis receives a journal from her mother so that Mia can properly express her feelings about her mother dating her algebra teacher. It doesn't help that Mia is failing math, and if that wasn't enough; her mother never told her about her father being a prince. Now Mia has to take princess lessons from her terrifying grandmother and make sure she doesn't die of embarrassment before the end of her freshman year.

Review: I remember seeing the movie, actually I think I even bought it but lost it. Maybe my roommates felt in love with it too. It is funny because I did not movies were based on books, so when I looked up books made into movies I saw the books by Meg Cabot. The books are written in journal format, which I like, it makes it easy to follow the character and her emotions. I decided to read the book because I know that the books would feel in blanks that were skipped in the movie.
In spite of Mia’s clumsiness, she has to deal with love, watching over her shoulder of those that want to take advantage, and her life that lays ahead. I think these are good books for tweens because it begins to lay a foundation on to start thinking about who the reader want to be and finding themselves.
From Meg Cabot many Series.

Look in this page for other similar books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess Diaries.