Dale Amidei's Reviews > The Anvil of the Craftsman

The Anvil of the Craftsman by Dale Amidei

Apr 01, 14

(Review from the author)
Read in December, 2011

Though some readers frown on authors rating their own books, I choose to use this forum to mirror the review results of the Kindle Edition, which currently holds 4.7 stars across fifty-eight reviews on Amazon. Should that change, I will revise my own rating here.

"Anvil" is the story of one young man with a vision, one friend with a mission, the men who want to kill them and the man who wants to keep them alive. As a personal note, I reiterate what I have written about the work elsewhere: graced to write but a single novel, I'd remain pleased to have it be this one.

Here is the blurb:

"A doctoral candidate in Theological Studies accepts recruitment by a friend in the U.S. State Department for an initiative to the most troublesome province in 2006 Iraq. The many challenges of nation building expand the mission from diplomacy to a survival situation as local and international interests position themselves to oppose the State Department initiative: one vital to progress in an uncertain theater.

Terrorism and counter-terror operations threaten to keep the team from leaving the relative safety of Baghdad. Until, that is, a former USAF Special Tactics operative hunting the men who want to kill them draws duty as their protector. The simple questions posed during a tribal council threaten provincial and regional stability; the conclusions reached explode into a clash of faith, loyalty, schism and betrayal that will help shape the future of two nations.

The Anvil of the Craftsman, the debut novel by author Dale Amidei, will be appreciated by fans of a broad range of fiction; from aficionados of the haunting themes of Ernest Hemingway to readers of the tightly woven plots of Tom Clancy and popular titles of authors like Vince Flynn, Brad Thor, David Baldacci, W.E.B. Griffin and Richard Marcinko."

"Anvil" is available on Kindle, Nook, iTunes, and Kobo in addition to Smashwords. Paperback editions can be ordered from Amazon and CreateSpace. Approx. 93,000 words / 312pp. print length.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Anvil of the Craftsman.