Rachel Harris's Reviews > Busted in Bollywood

Busted in Bollywood by Nicola Marsh

2098460
Dec 12, 11

bookshelves: favorite-adult-reads, made-me-laugh

This was a book that had me at the name. BUSTED IN BOLLYWOOD--the title alone conjures images of vibrancy, colors, and intrigue. Then I saw the cover and read the blurb, and knew I had to read it.

Before going into the many things I loved about this book, I only find it fair that I should warn you. . . Do NOT attempt to read this book on an empty stomach. In fact, do not even pick up the paperback or fire your Kindle without first eating a full meal, and bringing along a bag of your favorite snack food. Bonus points if the meal is Indian.

Now that's out of the way . . .

This book has amazing voice. So much that I turned into a total fan girl on Nicola, pausing after reading a few pages to Tweet her, and then pausing again the next day when I was half way thru to email her. Shari and Rita are girls you want to be friends with. I want to be invited to Mojito Mondays--even though I don't like mojitos. But still, their friendship was so real, so fiercely loyal and loving, that I didn't care how the story ended as long as these two girls had their own HEAs.

As for the ending, I loved how the story took me in unexpected directions. I normally figure out all the story plots for the romances I read, but I never mind as long as the writing is fun and the romance swoony. But there were several times in BUSTED that I wasn't sure how it would end, or where Nicola was taking me. I found myself stopping to think of all the possible scenerios and just enjoying hanging out with these characters.

Now yes, any discussion of this book would be ridiculous if you didn't mention the food. And the setting. And the beautiful pictures Nicola paints with her words. I felt as though I took a trip to India! All my senses were engaged as she brought the beautiful country to life.

And as this was a fun romantic comedy, I must talk about the romance. Drew, Drew, Drew . . . so freaking H-O-T. And the scorching love scenes between him and Shari? Don't even get me started. Goose bumps and smiles a plenty. In fact, gorgeous men were all over this book--Rakesh was probably one of my favorite characters--and at certain times, I couldn't decide who I wanted Shari with! Throw in zany in-laws, meddling family members, lying exes, and mistaken identities, and this story is just one huge wild ride.

BUSTED IN BOLLYWOOD was my first Nicola Marsh novel . . . but now that I've been exposed to her amazing combination of witty dialogue, hilarious situations, and super sexy romance, I guarantee you it won't be my last.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Busted in Bollywood.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Marsh Thanks for a fabulous review!

I'm rapt you loved Busted in Bollywood, really rapt :)

message 2: by Rachel (last edited Dec 12, 2011 03:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel Harris (looks in online dictionary for word 'rapt.' Sees definition. *palm meets forehead* And I call myself a writer. . . )

Yay! I'm glad that I brought you joy, as reading it really made me smile--and laugh out loud--this weekend! It was truly a treat :-)

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Marsh lol, hey, that's what dictionaries are for :)

If you smiled and lol, my job is done ;)
Thank you!