Tammy's Reviews > A Log Cabin Christmas Collection

A Log Cabin Christmas Collection by Wanda E. Brunstetter

Apr 19, 12

Read in December, 2011

A Log Cabin Christmas is a collection of stories that are about 50 pages long. It is hard to believe that so much could be told with such a short length of story. All of the stories are centered around the 1800s, in a log cabin and Christmastime.

A Log Cabin Christmas includes:

Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley

An unexpected snowstorm traps a new school teacher, the town sheriff and three school children in a make-shift school house. All five people emerge from the storm and the school house changed after their interactions with each other.

The Christmas Secret by Wanda E. Brunstetter

A young woman can't wait to get married on Christmas Eve. When she discovers an old journal that carries an family secret she needs to break off her engagement. Her fiance is determined to discover the truth of the journal, if only he could find her.

Christmas Traps and Trimmings by Kelly Eileen Hake

A young woman from England is unhappily engaged to be married to her cousin. Her father has died and she goes to America in search of her guardian and survives an earthquake.

A Star in the Night by Liz Johnson

In Confederate territory, a young woman finds a Union soldier. She and her grandfather nurse him back to health. After he is better, the soldier returns to Washington leaving his heart behind and taking the young woman's heart with him.

The Courting Quilt by Jane Kirkpatrick

A widowed female mercantile owner teams up with a charming salesman to get sales up. Soon several woman are speaking of getting married to the charmer.

Under His Wings by Liz Tolsma

A young woman marries a man out of convenience. Her father died and she needs protection from the men at a mining camp.

The Dogtrot Christmas by Michelle Ule

A man returns home from war only to find his land sold to someone else. He's determined to get it back. A young woman plans to marry out of pity, not love.

Grand County Christmas by Debra Ullrick

A young woman gets lost in a snow storm desperately looking for food. She is found by a man that takes her to his home, where he lives with his mother and three children. The woman is stranded there until the storm lets up.

Christmas Service by Erica Vetsch

A young woman feels she was born to be serve God by being a pastor's wife. A young man wants to court her but he is a blacksmith. The woman plans to pass up love to be true to her calling.

This collection of stories, apart from Christmas Traps and Trimmings, were all very heart warming at one point or another. I tried to read Christmas Traps and Trimmings but I could barely get through the first chapter. All of the stories are predictable. How could they not be with their length? I still liked them a lot. There is also sadness with the death of loved ones in every story. But love always wins in the end. All of the stories have a different writing style. I actually got teary eyed at the end of Grand County Christmas. I knew what was coming but the tears still came. I would recommend A Log Cabin Christmas to anyone who likes romance stories with some inspiration added to them.

I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Log Cabin Christmas Collection.