Laurie's Reviews > The Deep End of the Ocean

The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard

Dec 31, 11

Read from December 11 to 31, 2011

This book was just ok. The plot-line was interesting but, honestly, the only character I liked was Reese/Vincent. Sam/Ben I liked, as well, but, since we did not really get to know him too well, this was a minor interest for me. I actually had a fondness for Reese. That poor kid! Anyone interested in psychology might find Reese and his struggles fascinating. And I strongly disliked Beth. For the main character that we followed in the book, that is not a good thing.
I also felt the book was a tad long. While I get the approach of dwelling on things like Beth was (really in her mindset), it was too much for me many times. . .and, again, led to me not liking Beth. I wanted her to pull herself together and/or get help. I got excited about mid-book and then started checking out again.
Overall, the Reese and Sam relationship was the most intriguing to me and I felt that the story/plot could have been told in a way that allowed me to connect better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deep End of the Ocean.