Suzanne Williams's Reviews > O Little Town

O Little Town by Don Reid

Dec 11, 11

Read in December, 2011

Reading this book was like participating in a gossip session. I was the observer being told, "Look what your neighbor has done." The characters truly seemed like average people you might pass by in any town in any neighborhood. Though it is short on plot, it's the first book I've read where the lack of plot didn't matter to me. The story was less about what was going to happen than what had happened to bring the characters to that place. I was completely fascinated by my view of each character's thoughts. Walter's story from his past was a great addition to the book. It kept me turning the page. I wanted to know why the story mattered so much to him. The author did a great job setting the scene for the town. I felt like I had been there at some point. Lastly, the author's use of repetition was a really effective way of making the point. In particular, I reference the scene where the same three teenagers are looking out at the same snowstorm. This book was a fun read, had a great Christian moral, and I really enjoyed it.

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read O Little Town.