Sandy's Reviews > The Invisible Ones

The Invisible Ones by Stef Penney

Jan 01, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from December 26, 2011 to January 01, 2012

I really had a hard time getting into this one. I thought it was a slow-paced, repetitive story at the beginning and I wanted to give up on it but I thought there had to be more since it was written by a bestselling author. I also was intrigued by the Gypsy culture so I kept reading and about halfway through Stef intermingles some mystery in the plot and I was hooked. The investigator Ray, helps puts the puzzle pieces together while at the same time he creates a new twist in the plot and just when you think you have the puzzle solved, well, I can't give that away. Just imagine a group of Gypsy's who still travel around in older trailers, refusing to settle down in houses. Now imagine this group only consisting of a small group of family members: grandfather, mom, school-aged children, uncle, etc. Let's add in a family disease that haunted the family for years and disabled family members and let's go for a ride. If you like a slower-paced book, this is the book for you: great story, great characters and an awesome surprise at the end. The story line is twisted once you close the book and reflected upon the Gypsy culture and their close-knit community but I guess we all have our own secrets.

I won a copy of this book on Goodreads and I have written an honest review of this book based upon my reading. Thanks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Ones.