Amanda Croley's Reviews > Master of the Abyss

Master of the Abyss by Cherise Sinclair

Dec 11, 11

Read in December, 2011

I can't decide between the two brothers. Logan is gruff, and manly. Jake is funny, sexy, and a tad vulnerable. Kallie is tough as nails, and a bit of a tomboy. She has always had the hots for Jake, so when he notices the woman under the flannel shirt, and boots she swoons. She and her cousins run a touring company through the mountains (that sounds fun btw). Their company, and Serenity Lodge have teamed up to increase their business. When the guests at the lodge wanted to enjoy an outing they would refer them to the Mastersons Wilderness Guides, and the same for their customers needing lodging. This business partnership will inevitably have Kallie seeing more of Jake, against her better judgment. Jake hasn't taken a sub since his last committed suicide after he uncollared her. As her Dom, he feels he should of seen the signs, and protected her. When Kallie is quickly thrust (har har) into the bdsm lifestyle to prove she will be able to handle their clientele, she discovers it interests her more than she cares to admit. I feel a little like Kallie, this kinkery is so far out of my league, but still hmm... yummy! I am starting to see why I am single. No man could possibly measure up to all the men in my kindle.

********************** Recap/ Spoilers***************************
Kallie's mother died when she was eight. Two years later her step-dad remarried, and shipped her off to an aunt because his new wife already had kids. Every two years she was sent to another relative, until at fourteen her uncle kept her. She can't understand why her other family members didn't want her, or what she did wrong. She is still so fearful of being shipped away again, that she dares not to rock the boat. When her cousins protest her seeing Jake, even though she doesn't want to she forces herself to push him away. He complies at first, but eventually realizes that he loves her. The serial killer in the are is targeting women with dark hair. It turns out to be the grocery stocker, and he is a real sicko. He thinks it's his life's mission to rid the world of the possessed women who would tear a mans heart out. All of his victims have been seen fighting with their boyfriends prior to their death. Cherise Sinclair is quickly becoming one of my favorites!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master of the Abyss.