Meg - A Bookish Affair's Reviews > True Surrender

True Surrender by Tracey Cramer-Kelly

Dec 12, 11

bookshelves: 2011, fiction, chick-lit
Read from December 11 to 12, 2011

Overall, I liked this book. It was different than a lot of other romance books that I've read in that it deals with some pretty heavy topics, mostly surrounding some of the issues that military personnel face when they come home from war. Aaron is one of the soldiers who unfortunately comes home with the effects of fighting a war showing. He loses his leg!

I really liked the characters of Holly and Aaron. Holly has a good heart but I do wish that we got to know a little more about her personality; I didn't feel like we got to know her as well as we get to know Aaron throughout the book. Aaron is incredibly strong. When he comes home from war, he's not willing to admit that he may need help. He tries to be brave and he's even trying to help some of his friends from the military.

There were a couple things that irked me a little bit. First, I'm wondering if there is going to be another edit of the book. There were a few mistakes that took away from the story. Also, Scott got way too religious for me. I wasn't really sure where that was going. Last, I wish there had been more of a conclusion about some of the bad things that Aaron finds out about the military. It would have been nice to have some closure. Even with these few things, this is still an ok read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Surrender.