Carisa Burns's Reviews > Crossed

Crossed by Ally Condie

Jan 26, 12

Read in January, 2012

I found myself skim reading through most of the book. Once again, this is a failed attempt at a decent dystopian book and is just a lame love story with SOME action revolving around a revolution against a dystopian society. I seriously have to stop reading all of these YA novels with their bad plots, 2 dimensional characters and teen angst-love stories. I really got hooked on the dystopian genre when I read the Hunger Games series and the Maze Runner series. Seems like every author is just trying to jump on the band wagon but they are falling way short. Both of those series lacked the lame teen angst that was so utterly and horribly prevalent in the Twilight Series (which I hate) and which is why I loved those other two more. I want to read a well written book that's less about feelings every five seconds and way overdone and more about the actual plot. If you took out the chapters upon chapters that regurgitate the same lovey dovey and teen pining, you would be left with only a quarter of the book, and the plot. Ugh, please someone save me from this drivel and point me in the right direction. I just want to read a good dystopian novel, not one that is a YA wear your heart on your sleeve drool fest disguised as a good book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.