Estara's Reviews > Tied with a Bow

Dec 11, 11

bookshelves: ebook, read-in-2011
Recommended to Estara by: It's an Eileen Wilks Lupi story
Read on December 11, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** THIS REVIEW IS ONLY FOR THE EILEEN WILKS STORY!

I was really happy that the author took the time to show more of Arjenie and Benedict - I've always been fascinated by Benedict and as a couple I like the two better than Cynna and Cullen for some reason I can't articulate.

This is a Christmas or rather a Wiccan Solstice visit at Arjenie's family compound and it's a nice contrast to the way the compound of Lupi works, with an exploration of what it means when a non-human love is introduced into a family of power that is human. There are loads of interesting new people to get to know, Mrs. Wilks could and might easily integrate the various gifted into the war against the ancient enemy in future books - I wouldn't be surprised if twin Sammy wasn't already on the way of being co-opted.

It's also Benedict trying to adapt to Arjenie instead of the other way round and because this also is an action series there's the threat of an evil skinwalker and an intervention by Coyote, of whom I would have liked to have seen more.

I really like how Arjenie's habit of acquiring knowledge and distracting herself from worries with it lets Wilks shove in any amount of information needed for the story organically ^^.

I'll probably read the other stories at some point but feel no need to do so right away.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tied with a Bow.