Em's Reviews > Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner

Wicca by Scott Cunningham

Jan 03, 12

Read from January 02 to 03, 2012

First book read in 2012!
Anyway, I liked this book a lot. Things were explained very clearly, so I feel like I understand certain things much better now.
I did not really like the Book of Shadows part. I'm sure some people got something out of it, but I didn't.
This book made me feel like I understand Wicca better than before I read it, but as of now, I still feel like I am better off being eclectic using some Wiccan-based practices. I will continue reading books about Wicca, because I feel very drawn to some aspects of it and will use certain Wiccan practices still, but being a Wiccan Wiccan, at this time, does not feel right for me.
This is a great book for anyone starting a Wiccan or eclectic path. Some argue it's an essential readl even. I will say that this book is a great stating point for who are new, like me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicca.

01/02/2012 page 19
9.0% "I really liked the section on deity. I feel drawn to Wicca but had problems feeling connected to the God and Goddess as I feel more attracted to specific gods and goddesses. But this chapter on deity made me feel more of a connection to the Gods and made me understand them better."