SJ's Reviews > One Pink Line

One Pink Line by Dina Silver

Jan 04, 12

Read from December 27, 2011 to January 04, 2012

The story of a young girl just about to finish college finding out she's pregnant and the ways in which both she and the people around her deal with the shocking news. I won this book as part of the Goodreads Firstreads drawing, and I admit I wasn't sure about whether it would entirely be my thing or not. And I was right...it wasn't entirely my thing, hence the 3 stars. HOWEVER, what says an awful lot about the book was that even though it wasn't normally up my alley that I actually really enjoyed it. This is the perfect book to take with you when you're going on vacation or just generally need a distraction from sad times. The main character takes on adversity with strength and kindness, and there's a lot of love to go around in the book. I especially found the first section of the book to be a page turner because I wanted to know if I was right in my suspicions about who was who in the different points of view in the book. I did feel like it sort of peaked out rather early once you sorted out who was who, as it got a bit predictable after that. I wish some of the writing had been a bit tighter...clunky wording in the first chapter, I didn't buy into the dialogue in particular between young people...I never felt the sense of youth trying to be conveyed. Plus, why so many details about food? It felt like intentional product placement at times. These are small criticisms. I do recommend the book, and am very pleased to have won it. Like any good chick flick or chick lit, this was a feel good story that didn't ask too much from you and gave back quite a nice glow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Pink Line.