Cassie's Reviews > What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know

What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones

Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: real-life-lessons
Read from December 11 to 12, 2011

Take a journey back to your first kiss. The way it made you feel…all the butterflies…all the excitement…all the heartache. This is the road What my girlfriend doesn't know, will lead you down. You will get to follow Robin as he gets his first real girlfriend and learns that the hardest battle is actually keeping her….while still being the high school outcast.
One of the things I loved most about this book is the nerd actually gets the girl from the very beginning! Sophie and Robin click right away and are one of the cutest couples I’ve ever read about….under the age of eighteen. They are that couple I can imagine smooching on a bench in the park, that I make a face too, and say “Come on, get a room,” even though the truth is I’m just jealous :)
This book is told from the point of view of Robin, teenage social pariah, who is also laugh out loud witty and even though he is just a hormone driven boy, can be very deep. The book is told in verses and has mixed reviews because it never really goes anywhere. There is no rising action and a “had me on the edge of my seat” climax. But the story is real and everyone can relate. I didn’t have any trouble being interested in this book…I actually couldn’t get enough. I wouldn’t recommend reading this one in a public place because you may start smiling or laughing to yourself, and there is a very strong chance people will think you’re crazy :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know.

12/11/2011 page 295