Tiffany's Reviews > Wildwood Dancing

Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: stories-retold
Read in January, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Enjoyable read with excellent writing. I would definitely like to read more by this author.

Things I liked:
1 - I really enjoyed the characters. Jenica was a strong woman who kept trying even in the face of the inability of changing her path and Gogu her constant companion and friend. I even really enjoyed how evil Cezar was and how sensible he tried to make his logic sound. Well done.

2 - The authors lyrical story telling. She evoked the write emotions and smoothly told the whole tale. I enjoyed how she seemed to blend in fairy tales with her version

Things that could be improved:
1 - I really don't have much in this department. But if I search then I would perhaps argue that it would have been nice to see more substance in Tati. Once she fell in love she allowed her whole being to be lost to in it, literally losing her entire self. That is one of my least favorite ways to treat a female character. But since the story was more centered around Jenica it didn't overshadow the book.

2 - I would have liked more story after Jenica and Costi meet. I enjoyed the scene where she is playful in asking forgiveness and would have enjoyed reading more scenes showing how they interact with good humor and not absolute seriousness...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildwood Dancing.