Jenelle's Reviews > The Weeping

The Weeping by O'Dell Hutchison

Mar 11, 12

View original review in my blog: The Midnight Book Thief

So I received an eARC of this book as part of blog tour- and I am so grateful for the chance to have read this book early. The Weeping, to put it bluntly, was one hell of a book!

The Bad
The ending. I didn't want the book to end, okay? I was hooked on the story, and I couldn't stop reading. But the ending- the last line, specifically- left me hanging. I needed more! To be honest, I thought that Heath had died at first! The ending should have been developed a little bit more, and not just that abruptly.

The Good
The characters. O'Dell developed the characters perfectly. We are given a background on Heath, and I could easily connect with the rest of characters. Their emotions, their thoughts, their actions- they are all explained perfectly.

The Awesome
The mystery. It's been a long time since I've read a mystery that good. To be honest, I did not suspect the bad guy at all! I completely made the wrong judgement, and I only knew the culprit at the last few chapters when everything was revealed. I was kept guessing until the very end.

The plot. You guys- the plot was amazing. It was complex, it was filled with jaw dropping revelations and twists and turns up to the very end. It felt so real- and I loved every moment of this book.

The Rating
This book deserves nothing less than 5 stars. It was a gritty, raw, and an emotional read. It was more than just your average paranormal read- it was deeper than that, exploring deep family secrets, deadly betrayals, and hidden lies. It managed to be both a light yet complex read filled with fun scenes and terrifying moments. I deeply recommend this to fans of paranormal and mystery books- this is going to be unlike any other in those genres, trust me.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weeping.