Adam's Reviews > The Color Code: A New Way to See Yourself, Your Relationships, and Life

The Color Code by Taylor Hartman

M 50x66
Jun 15, 08

Recommended for: Everyone
Read in September, 2002

What can I say about a book based on a personality test? We've all filled them out online or in classes. What one of the 7 dwarfs are you? Which superhero are you? What does your sock preference say about your marriage? When it comes down to it, none of these really tells you anything relevant about yourself or anyone else. Then, there's The Color Code. This book has permanently changed the way I look at myself and everyone around me. While it does feel a bit trite to just look at someone and refer to them as a color, knowing that my parents are Red and Blue is helpful in understanding there constant squabbling. Knowing the colors of my friends and coworkers helps me deal with them better, and learning about my own color helps me understand why I act the way I do.

I once had a friend who read the book with only one complaint. "No author should know this much about me without every meeting me."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Color Code.

Kristen I liked this book too, Adam! It's actually been about 15 years since I've read it, and you've inspired me to pick it up again! Thanks! It's really fun to have you on goodreads!