Meaghan's Reviews > Bond with Me

Bond with Me by Anne Marsh

3282080
Dec 27, 11

This is another title I came across while clicking through Goodreads one day. I had just finished up a book and was looking for another paranormal romance and found Bond with Me in my recommendations section. I had not heard of this author before, but the summary looked intriguing, so I downloaded it to my kindle and began reading.

My only mistake in picking up the book when I did was the timing. It was just before the holidays and I got about two chapters in when I was taken away for family obligations. I knew it would happen, but I could not resist starting the book. I was kicking myself later because while visiting with family, I was secretly thinking about the world of the Fallen (which my family is now being made aware of as they read this review, sorry guys, haha). Over the next couple of days I snuck away whenever possible and read as much as I could. It took me a couple of days to get through this book, but I am confident I would have devoured it in one sitting, had I had the opportunity.

We enter this world through the eyes of Mischka and Brends. Mischka is a human on the hunt for her cousin Pell who is running from her family. Brends is a Fallen angel, a very hot Fallen angel, who runs a club called G2. In this world, the Fallen were kicked out of heaven after they held an uprising against the archangel Michael. They were cast out with only one hope, find their soul mates and they can come back. It has been thousands of years and no sign of these soul mates. Most of the Fallen have given up hope as they also battling with their other halves. You see, when they were cast out Michael also cursed them to have a Goblin half that is always fighting to break free and take the sanity and conscious from the Fallen. Until they find their soul mates, they will never again have wings or be able to fully control the beast within.

Mischka is a good girl in appearance, but is a bad girl at heart. She has always done the right thing, but secretly wants to break free of her beige, boring shell. Brends decides he is just the man to do the job. He wants Mischka from the second he lays his eyes on her and he will do just about anything to have her. So much of the book was a delicious build of sexual tension as these two try to decide what to do with the other and how long they could hold out not being together. The main hold up comes from Mischka because she does not want to bond with Brends. When you bond with a Fallen you do get a favor, anything you can think of, but at a price. You have to let the Fallen feed off your soul. You also have to go through an interesting ceremony. You see the bonding ceremony has a couple of interesting twists to it, the first is you have to sleep with the Fallen to seal the deal, the second, well, I will let you discover that little tidbit for yourself. If you are the shy type though, it would be difficult to complete the ceremony without blushing fiercely. I was blushing when I was reading it, so I cannot imagine how beet red my face would have been had I actually been there. This detail was just one of the many things that Anne incorporated into the romance that kept it scorching hot throughout the entire novel.

I also enjoyed the secondary romance between Pell and her Fallen, Dathan. They are not fully developed characters, but because they were more of a side plot I did not mind at all. And even though we only get a brief glimpse into their heads, I could still feel how much these two ended up caring for each other. There is a history between them since they have been friends for three years, so when their romance hit fast and furious it was a nice distraction from the main action.

The suspense in this novel was also exciting. The enemy’s identity is revealed pretty early on as well as the man that is behind the minion, but I did not mind learning this so quickly. The rogue Goblin in pursuit of Mischka did have a tendency to show up at unexpected moments and this was enough to keep me satisfied. His motives behind his recent killings were very intriguing and a brilliant twist to the overall plot. I thought the real mystery is why the Fallen were cast out of the heavens and what role Brends and Michael have in that event. We learn more about that day’s events as the Brends slowly opens up to Mishcka and I am sure there is still more information to learn as future books release.

There is only one negative I have for this book and this comes closer to the ending. There is a point about two thirds of the way through the book that it becomes a little choppy. There are so many events culminating together and therefore the plot jumps around quite a bit. The first two thirds had so much detail and I was happy with the way the story was going, it just got a little confusing there at the end. There were so many character viewpoints and some details were left out which forced me to re-read paragraphs to try and understand what was going on. This is not a huge drawback; I just wish it had flowed a little better when we reached the climax of the story.

Overall though, I loved this book! Anne hooked me from the first chapter and I could not get enough. I loved discovering a new theory behind these sexy, fierce, Fallen warriors and look forward to more from them in the future. This is another author I have added to my must read list and will be checking out her other books shortly. I highly recommend this to any lover of paranormal romance, just make sure you can have enough uninterrupted time to read because you will regret it if you are forced to put this book down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bond with Me.