Samantha's Reviews > Camille

Camille by Tess Oliver

Dec 10, 2011

bookshelves: coming-of-age, favorites, girly, random-fun, reviewed, romance, teen-read, paranormal, werewolves
Recommended for: Teen Girls, YA Romance Fans, Paranormal Romance.---& of course MYSELF!!!
Read from December 07 to 09, 2011 , read count: 1

OHMIGOSH!!!!! Hmm...just a second please. *spins around in a circle while squealing and hugging book close to chest*

Ahem. Okay. I simply adored this book. I went into the library down the road, with the hopes of finding a good book or two. I went to the teen section and picked out a few graphic novels and then walked around to see what other things were lying around. Set out on a little stand was this book. My eyes were caught instantly by the cover. I absolutely LOVE the dress she is wearing....so gorgeous, I want it.

Then I flipped it over and checked out the back. I saw werewolf and a battle soon ensued in my mind. "Should I? I haven't really read any books about werewolves besides Twilight. That one kinda stunk with the werewolf bit, but then Twilight didn't leave me satisfied so maybe I should give this one a shot. But what if I hate it? Ah what the heck? I guess I'll try it...but just to be sure..." I flipped it over again and opened to chapter 1 and read the first paragraph. I tucked it under my arm and went to check it out. (This book isn't so much about the werewolf aspect as the relationship between Camille and Strider, as well as Camille learning more about herself and her family)

I read chapter 1 as soon as I got home. Then made myself stop there. At school the next day I read about 3 or 4 more chapters, then was forced to stop by the work building up on my desk. Finally, last night I stayed up until about 2 AM, crawled up under the covers in pure pleasure, unable to stop reading. I was constantly *silently* squealing to myself and hugging the book. I could feel my brow knit together in worry and it furrowed whenever Strider managed to walk away for an hour or so.

I was so happy with this book! Camille was a great heroine who I found was believable since she was so unsure of herself at times and totally confident at others. I could understand where she was coming from. She has faced a lot and, to me, she seems to be a very strong character.

...Don't get me started on Nathaniel Strider. That boy...ugh!!! He frustrates me to no end!! & its only because he is so darn loveable. I found myself hating him at times, but then-just like Camille- I would just as easily forgive him and after some consideration, couldn't figure out why!!! So frustrating at times!! Ms. Oliver really knows how to get a certain boy into a girl's heart and not easily let him escape. I found myself falling and swooning for Strider throughout the entire stupid book. He may be a cad & a scoundrel at times, but at others he's so sweet, caring and vulnerable.

Overall, this is one of the best books I've ever read. I can't wait to get my own copy so I can swoon all over again =D.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Camille.