Michelle Book Briefs's Reviews > The Weeping

The Weeping by O'Dell Hutchison

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog
Read in March, 2012

This book needs to be made into a movie!! Seriously, the whole time I was reading I kept picturing how it would play out in the movies. I love a good suspense/thriller, and this book has it all. Great twists and turns and it is seriously creepy. I was reading it late at night and then my sister walked into my dark bedroom and I about jumped out of my skin. She got a good laugh out of that! If I had known how scary this was going to be I would not have read it at night. Haha! (a little disclaimer- I get spooked pretty easily, but I love scary books and movies!)

I sympathized with Heath. I felt awful that the guilt was eating him up, and with some of the things that happened during the story- oh man! What a poor poor guy. He could not catch a break. The accident really changed him. When I started the book, I felt bad because he is such a good guy. Then as the story goes on and we get some more back story on him, I was surprised to find out that he was a bit of a jerk before. Not awful, but he was a typical immature popular guy. That was so different than the Heath that I was getting to know, and in a way I was happy that he went through such a life changing event, because it helped him to become a really great guy. I want such good things for Heath.

I will give you this warning- there is death in this book. I was surprised by the way the story turned out. And I am not even talking about the ending. (I will get to that in a minute) The pacing is pretty consistent for the first half and then right after the halfway point the story just kind of speeds up. I loved it! It was a bit slower, but not too slow, for the foundational part of the story and then once all the players have been introduced the story really takes off. I was riveted! Such a great scary story. If anyone likes mystery/suspense/horror or scary of any kind you NEED to read The Weeping! The ending though. Oh boy did that ending kill me! Talk about a what if ending! I don't know if it was a cliffhanger or just a drive you completely crazy final line. I just stared open mouthed at the last page on my kindle. I kept clicking the next button, hoping there would be more. The Weeping is such a great book- go read it!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weeping.

Natasha Whoa..I was thinking of the same thing. Put someone cute as Heath and I'm so going to watch it!