Kelley's Reviews > Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Mar 13, 12

bookshelves: accepting-yourself, easy-read, funny, never-putting-it-down, romance, what-there-is-no-second-one, please-write-a-sequel, realistic-fiction
Recommended to Kelley by: Myself
Recommended for: Jock girls, Sara Dessen sporty chicks, girls that are one of the guys
Read from March 08 to 09, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Reading it again immediately because it was that good!

Edit-----

I have finished reading it again. It was just as good as the first time, maybe better. Who knows. This is one of those stories that has you salivating at the mouth for more. I am dying to know what happens to them next. Unfortunately there is no direct sequel...yet. Only companion novels at the moment. I know we are all crossing our fingers hoping for Catching Jordan 2, or Caught Jordan, or Catching Michigan. Just me? Well that's because you have yet to read this masterpiece.

I love the language used in this story. Very real and fitting to the teenage "vocabulary" these days. We're not shying away from cuss words and sexual references because it's unladylike anymore. Shit no! The way the characters talk is very believable to their personalities.

In high school, I was simply a jock. Basketball, softball, BMX, you name it, I played it. The main character, Jordan, (That's right the title is not about catching a boy named Jordan, no sir-e-bob, it's about catching our lovely star.) Star and captain of the high school football team that is. I begged my mom to let me play football in the 8th grade. She turned me down though, so I feel this could have been my life. I wouldn't have been the quarterback, more like free safety, but man the dream was so close. Moving along...Jordan is the QB of her team, she has led them for two years now and even to the state championship her junior year, only to throw an interception at the end of the game and cause her team to lose. Now, it is the start of Senior year and she will do anything not to repeat last years mistakes.

Unfortunately for her, hot new Texas High School state champion QB just moved to town and he wants to be on the team too. Vying for her spot on the team and her heart, Jordan doesn't know what to do about Ty Green. Her best friends, Sam Henry, Carter and JJ are no help when it comes to love and her inexperience is seriously lacking when it comes to romance. Especially when you have your best friend, Sam Henry, sleep over all the time, in the same bed... What's a girl to do, she knows how to lead a team on the field, and she is well respected off the field. She is the best high school QB in all of Tennessee, but will it matter when she starts feeling the pressure of being recruited to a team that is only judging her based on her gender and not her talent.

Would it be settling to go to a school, or date the guy because your told it's the best choice, only to be used and controlled? Or will it be worth it to search for that true love, the real place you fit in, even if the idea is scary and it may be harder to find?

(view spoiler)

We're talking Football, Love, Friendship, Lemonade and Chocolate Chip cookies.

Great Read. Will continue to read over and over again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Jordan.