Heidi's Reviews > Silver on the Tree

Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper

Dec 27, 11

bookshelves: audio, children-0-12, fantasy, fiction, ya-12-19, tween-10-13, series, juv-6-12
Read from December 10 to 22, 2011

A good conclusion to a very good series. I again had that problem of occasional distraction from the audio while I was at work. Too many tasks at the end of the year that require a bit more concentration on my part rather than listening to the book. But you know a series is amazing if I can "miss" various parts of the books and still think "WOW!!!" (Indeed, I know my ratings would be higher if I'd paid more attention, and fully anticipate them going up when I find time for my 2nd read through of these.) Fantasy for kids at its finest in writing, story, characters, and everything. I'll be highly recommending this one from now on.

The audio is still great and I wouldn't turn people away from it. You just need to be able to focus better than I did. Also, while Alex Jennings was fine with his accents and all, I really missed Book 4 narrator's voice and all for Bran.

I am certain I want to own this in print to have available to re-read for myself as well as for my kids to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver on the Tree.

12/14/2011 page 160