Amy Fournier's Reviews > Everbound

Everbound by Brodi Ashton

Jan 24, 13

bookshelves: omg-i-need-this, arc, blog-tour-2013
Read from January 13 to 14, 2013

This book!! I loved it!! I loved Everneath, and with the way that book ended I was totally dying to read Everbound! It did not disappoint at all, in fact, I loved it more than the first book. There is so much more going on in this one. This one takes place down in the Everneath where there is danger lurking everywhere. Not only physically dangerous, but mentally too. It was such an intense journey reading this book, and I loved every second of it.

So I think that Nikki is a great character, but she seriously annoys me to the point of wanting to bang my head on the wall sometimes. Her intentions are good, and I know she is young and in love, but I get so irritated that she is being in a way selfish about things. Okay, so it's not totally selfish to want to save Jack, but she is so blinded by her love for him that she doesn't think about how her family or friends would feel if she just goes missing again. But even with being so consumed with her love for Jack, she really does keep her head right for the most part. She is very strong mentally and goes through a lot in this. I would have totally shut down had it been me.

Cole is a big part of this book. He brings Nikki to the Everneath so she can save Jack, even though he has made it clear that he wants Nikki for himself. I was never much of a fan of his, but I did enjoy getting to know him a little more in this book. He is a total jerk to Nikki for a while, but you know, a guy can only handle being shut down so many times. He is very devoted and protective of Nikki through their journey and I was really starting to see a side of Cole that I actually liked.

I was so captivated by the writing of the Everneath. I could imagine all of the obstacles they face and their surroundings. I felt like I was there right along with them at times. The best part of it was the psychological aspect of it all. How the Everneath gets in your mind, brings out your emotions, makes you forget. Like in the first book we do get some flashbacks too, but not so much, and they are full of emotion for Nikki. They are important memories.Through the entire dangerous and intense adventure I was so nervous and worked up needing for her to get to Jack. And OMG Brodi Ashton has done it again with a killer ending that leaves you NEEDING the next book!! I totally didn't see that coming!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everbound.

01/13/2013 page 58
01/14/2013 page 130
33.0% "Oh this is getting so good!!"
01/14/2013 page 172
44.0% "I am really loving this. I know I will finish it today because I don't think I can stop now."
01/14/2013 page 280
72.0% "Want to finish, but I'm so tired."
01/14/2013 page 321
83.0% "OMG!! No, that did not just happen!!"
show 3 hidden updates…