Stephanie 's Reviews > Lost & Found

Lost & Found by Jacqueline Sheehan

Jun 15, 08

bookshelves: one-night-stands, want-to-buy
Read in June, 2008

Liked this one enough that I will gift it to some dog-loving people I know. picked it up at the lib. because of the cover: check out that FACE!

the protagonist's name annoyed me, but otherwise these were people I knew...and a dog that was so lovable I cried when he left the island to go live with people who wanted to just chain him up out in a dog run...ugh. Rocky had been fostering him for a month after she found him with part of an arrow in his shoulder...BTW Rocky is this woman whose 42-yr-old vet husband drops dead one day and she is so awash in grief (well described) she takes a year off and goes to live on an island she remembered fondly from a quick visit when she was 10.

Things I liked: the dog, obviously. The way the grief was described. The information about synesthesia, which reminded me of a class I taught to a graphics design group, using this subject for learning about how to do research. The matter-of-fact way the anorexic teenager's acceptance of her lesbianism was just part of who she was, not ALL of who she was (as it should be in reality). The description of island life. The feeling of relief when the tourists go home - I totally get that, living in Capitola.

Anyhow, quick read, looks on the cover like chick lit but it isn't actually (at least I don't THINK so, as I haven't been able to actually finish anything chick-lit-ish).

Bit of mystery thrown in, just for good measure. I liked it!It kept me up til 2 this morning reading it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost & Found.