Ellen 's Reviews > Obsidian

bookshelves: favorites, quarterly-challenge
Read in May, 2012

Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merged review:

What can I say that you haven't already heard or read. Daemon Black is hotness personified. He has taken over the blogosphere and is making his presence known in a big way, but then who would expect anything less from Daemon (he certainly wouldn't). When I first read Obsidian, I hadn't heard of Jennifer Armentrout or Obsidian, but was intrigued by the cover. When I opened it, I didn't put it down until I finished it, and after experiencing almost every emotion possible, I became and forever will be a Jennifer Armentrout total fan girl and a Daemon Black stalker. I guess that sounds pathetic, but it is what it is (smile). The thing is, I think there are a lot more out there just like me (smiles again). Needless to say, I have bought everything Jennifer Armentrout has written and have read them all, most more than once. I actually purchased the new edition of Obsidian for the new Daemon POV's (and the first two chapters of Onyx). Fan girl or not, Jennifer Armentrout is just that good.

Obsidian had me hooked from the first page, really from the cover. Sometimes I wonder if it is ever made into a movie if they will ever find anyone to live up to the cover model's image. Daemon is hot, but I said that already didn't I. He is also arrogant, stubborn, vain, and loyal. I love Katy. I think she is awesome. She is a fellow book lover and blogger, and she doesn't take any crap from Daemon. I think she is one pretty kick-butt heroine. The story absolutely sucks you in and you want to crawl up in there and live a while. The chemistry between Daemon and Katy is off the scales hot, and so is the action and drama. I love Dee, Daemon's sister and Katy's new BFF. She is a doll. All the supporting characters are well written and you feel like you get to know them all....the good, the bad, and the ugly Arum. Seriously, only Jennifer could make Aliens so interesting and so freaking hot. If you haven't read it, you need to read it, for real, seriously, make the time, you won't be sorry. There are some books that are on my to be read list, and some that are on my read again list, but Obsidian is on my read again and again and again list.

I wanted to leave you with a few teasers from Obsidian. These are from the extras at the end of the book from Daemon's point of view. Enjoy!

Eventually my gaze landed on the front of her shirt. My Blog is Better than your Vlog. What in the world did that mean? And why would she have that on her shirt.....and the words "Blog" and "Better" were stretched taut. I swallowed. Not a good sign.

She really needed to get her cute ass off my porch before I did something stupid. Like smile at the way she was blushing. Sexy even. "Going once...."

I knew I was being an ass at this point, but I was perversely enjoying the spunk slowly igniting behind her eyes, baiting me. And....the flush of anger was sort of hot in a weird, there's really something wrong with me kind of way.

My hand stilled, but I didn't move it away. Wasn't like she was going to fall on her face now, but I....I just didn't, and I wasn't at all okay with that. I clenched my jaw.

My fingers slipped along the curve of her cheek as my head tilted. I was going to regret this - holy crap was I ever, but I wasn't stopping. Our lips were only a breath away......

"Nothing," I replied, jumping from the swing. I glanced at a silent, dazed Kat. Her gray eyes were still hazy and wide. Freaking beautiful. "Just earning bonus points."

If you haven't read Obsidian, I hope that after reading Daemon's teasers, you will want to, and if you have...... well, we all need as many swooning hot alien Daemon moments as we can get.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.