Eric's Reviews > Building Great Sentences: Exploring the Writer's Craft

U_50x66
Dec 10, 11

bookshelves: writing, ttc
Read in December, 2011

I am very satisfied with the course. I can happily say that I have obtained a deeper and fuller understanding and grasp of sentential-level writing.

It was also nice to revisit, strengthen, and refine what I had previously learned from my initial, first-time encounter of these kinds of stuff through The Stewart English Program—Book 3 Writing Plus… by Donald Stewart back in December of 2009. I think initially having been introduced to those stuff through that Stewart book seems to have made it easier for me to transition into or approach and better digest this course, which I think beautifully complemented the Stewart book by reinforcing the same concepts, techniques and ideas, as well as addressing issues and questions that I had back when I was using that book (eg. the subjective notion of what a paragraph exactly is has not even been broached in the Stewart book).

On the downside, this TTC course was a bit tedious at times, but it really was worth it!!! I am grateful that I have finished it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Building Great Sentences.