Jasmine Rose's Reviews > Spellbound

Spellbound by Jacqueline West

Jan 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books-reads, middle-grade
Read from January 05 to 06, 2012

Spellbound is a fantastic continuation of The Books of Elsewhere series. There’s more talking cats, of course, but this time an unpleasant book and some new friends (as well as some old) make an appearance as well.

I rather liked Rutheford. He was just slightly odd which made him a bit like Olive, in that sense, but just strange enough that it added to his quirkiness and made me like him all the more.

Olive was still the tough, plucky heroine of our first book, but this time stubbornness also gets added to the mix. The trait might have been annoying in an older character, but somehow, it totally works for 11-year-old Olive.

Final Thoughts: Spellbound was a fantastic sequel to a series that is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It has the perfect mixture of magic and emotion which manages to completely suck you in and make you wish you had talking cats as friends as well. As I said with the first in the series, if you’re afraid of middle grade, start here. I think you might like what you find.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spellbound.