Clarissa's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Dec 10, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, ya, steam-punk, paranormal, historical-fiction

Five stars, I think this is the second one I've given out this year. I like to hold onto them until I find something that I really thinks needs it. I really liked this book, enough to love it, so there I go, five stars.

I loved the way that Will was portrayed in this one, we really got to know him, and why he behaved so badly. It even looks like he's on the road to changing his ways. People have said this is Jem's book, but I feel that this book belongs to Will.

Here's a review I wrote on Clockwork Prince on my website http://thebooksweread.com/

Do you find that second books in trilogies are often disappointments? They feel like a bridge we cross to get to Book Three? Lots of meandering around without really accomplishing anything? Well, let me tell you, Clockwork Prince does NOT suffer from second-book-itis, at all. Clare covers a LOT of ground in the second book of Infernal Devices. Will’s bizarre/mean behaviour is explained (satisfactorily I might add) and he is redeemed in my eyes. That was the piece I was the most nervous about. We learn a bit more about Tessa herself. Nate makes an appearance, we meet another old codger that I’m sure will come to play in book three, and we learn more about the Magister. There were funny pieces, sad bits and action as well. It wasn’t too much of any one thing, you know, overly action-packed, or overly sentimental, it was a really perfect balance. And I have to admit, that I LOVED IT. I couldn’t help but smile for a few hours after I finished it.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

Astoria Considering the fact that I kind of disliked the first book, I was surprisingly satisfied with this book.
And I get what you mean about Will and Jem, I kind of liked Jem here, but at no moment did I think it was his book. It was quite heart breaking how he had closed himself to loving others because of what happened when he was 12.

I wouldn't mind a WillxMagnus relationship, though it would be weird.