Suelynn's Reviews > Sarah's Quilt

Sarah's Quilt by Nancy E. Turner

Dec 10, 2011

liked it
Read in December, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** reading "These is My Words" so I had to read Sarah's Quilt to see what became of the characters. I was enjoying Sarah's Quilt almost more than the first book, until the last quarter of the book. It almost seemed to me like Ms. Turner got tired of developing the characters! I was fascinated with the whole story line of Lazarus, and was sure he was going to be Seargent Lockwood, or even a long lost brother/relative of Jacks. It was like he was an angel looking over Sarah, and she recognized something in his eyes, and he promised once he revealed himself to her, she would know him. So I kept turning the pages, dying to find out who he really was. Then it seemed like the author forgot about that storyline all together and conveniently wrote him off at the end. I was totally confused! Did Lazarus save Willies soul? Did Lazarus kill Esther and her husband? And we are expected to believe Sarah wouldn't demand to know what happened to Esther? I just felt like the author was in a hurry to end the book, so it got three stars instead of four.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sarah's Quilt.