Juju221's Reviews > Twisted Up

Twisted Up by Lissa Matthews

Dec 10, 11

Read on December 10, 2011

If you want a fun loving sexy cowboy for Christmas then look no further than Justin, as it says above he is hot, determined and helpless when it comes to bunny slippers. Another great novella from Lissa Mathews with characters who make you care for them and I really liked it. Loved Justin, he was keen and rough and loveable; I loved how Ella's concerns reflect those of a lot of people and the fact the age difference was there but not a big deal. I liked the characters so much I invested in their story, wanted them to succeed and I really liked the ending.

What we do get in this novella is an insight into the climax of their relationship, will it work or break down. After meeting in a bar and chatting online as well as the odd weekend away Ella is pulling away and Justin wants more, when we first meet them he is on her doorstep and telling her how he feels and what he wants. The Ultimatum moment. It is tense and sexy and I would have ran to his truck had it been me in that hallway!

Justin is a really complex character and that comes out in their discussion about her need for hard quick sex, straight to the main course by pass starters and who needs desert? Yet he keeps up with the slow loving and is very thorough with it. Ella seems confident yet a bit damaged, she puts on a cloak of clothing and make up and becomes her job when she is there, but in relationships she is scared, of being hurt, being alone, being led down the garden path; and I think a lot of women will equate to that emotion after a relationship or marriage just fades and turns to friendship.

She is kinky but a conformist. He likes PDA and is kiny too, that friction makes them interesting.

The whole thing about him not being circumcised made me giggle too. From a non American point of view it is really interesting as most men in Northern Europe aren't, however I know most in USA are. So that was fun and interesting.

What I want to know is will there be a future book about his brother or friends?

I hope so!

Oh and the sex was hot. with a capital Hot! *wink*

I give Twisted up 4 frillies out of 5, a definite damp panty read and my smut of the month! Every girl needs a cowboy Christmas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Up.

12/10/2011