Shy's Reviews > The Power of Six

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

Sep 30, 14

bookshelves: books-i-own, on-kindle, read-in-2011, ya_genre-sciencefiction, series_graveyard
Read from December 09 to 12, 2011

The Power of Six was an easy read that comes with number of shortcomings. Like the previous installment, this book lacked in details on background of its characters, fulled with plot-devices and was tainted by unnecessary romantic scenes. The only thing that this book never short of is the action sequences but even that felt rather repetitive at some parts.

Fun and mindless read, yes, slightly better than I am Number Four , perhaps, but there was really nothing remarkable in it that I could think of.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of Six.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lord Nouda (new)

Lord Nouda Worse than the first?

message 2: by Shy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shy Nouda wrote: "Worse than the first?"

I am not a huge fan of this series but I think it was marginally better than the first just because Sarah wasn't really in it (But the part where she was made me grit my teeth!), hence less cliche and cheesy dialogues. Are you thinking of getting into this one soon?

message 3: by Lord Nouda (new)

Lord Nouda I've got a bunch of books to finish reading and I was thinking of getting back to reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series (I have yet to read a Dance with Dragons despite having the ebook lying around in my lappy for days :P). So I'd say...no.

message 4: by Shy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shy Nouda wrote: "So I'd say...no."

Good choice ;) You aren't missing out a lot, trust me. Re-reading Martin's works will be more worth it and I hope you enjoy Dance with Dragons the same way I did. Some of the twists and turns are simply delicious!