Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .'s Reviews > Adventures in Funeral Crashing

Adventures in Funeral Crashing by Milda Harris

Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: young-adult
Read from December 09 to 10, 2011, read count: 1

Adventures in Funeral Crashing by Milda Harris is an excellent read! Its a YA novel about a 16 (almost 17) year old high school outcast named Kait Lenox who likes to respectfully crash funerals. While at her latest funeral, she runs into a bit of a snag as she tries to quietly melt into the background, that leads to her becoming part of a murder mystery surrounding the small town she lives in. She, along with the most popular guy in school, Ethan Ripley, team up in an unlikely pair to solve the murders.

I really liked this book for many reasons. The writing was cleaver and at times funny, it flowed well and the plot was very believable. There was mystery, suspense, romance and heroic adventures. I felt like I could really relate the Kait and what she was going through. It realistically took me back to my own high school years and to that moment when you'd wish the coolest guy in school would look your way and see... you. Kait's character was well developed and very likable. She had a great personality and you could just feel yourself rooting for her.

There were really only two things I didn't like about the story. One, it was WAY to short, coming in at only 140 pages. Second, at times it seemed repetitive. Kait would internalize about the same things over and over. It was a little distracting, kind of like the point was trying to be hammered home.

Other then those two things, the story was really great. I would definitely suggest this to other readers that like stories geared towards young adults.

I read this as part of a R2R with Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics! Thanks ladies, for letting me participate!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adventures in Funeral Crashing.