Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Everlasting Bad Boys

Jun 16, 08

bookshelves: 2008-reads, queuemyreview
Read in June, 2008

Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release: Sep2008

Romance readers fall into two camps; those who like anthologies and those who hate ‘em. I’m in the like ‘em camp for a few good reasons. First, the stories are shorter so I don’t end up staying awake all night to finish; I can just read one or two of the stories and still ‘be done’, at least for a while. Second, I enjoy the opportunity to read different voices on (usually) the same general subject matter. Seeing how different authors interpret the same concept interests me. Finally, most anthologies include at least one author I am unfamiliar with, thus I always feel a frisson of excitement that I might find a new author to add to my very long, very detailed list. So, when I got the opportunity to read and review “Everlasting Bad Boys” by Shelly Laurenston, Cynthia Eden, and Noelle Mack, I jumped at it…and enjoyed myself.

Now since this is a Kensington Brava release, I expected each of the stories to be very spicy and they were deliciously so. I was a little surprised that Laurenston got so much more space than the other two authors, but perhaps that’s due to her increased mainstream popularity in comparison. I also quite enjoyed gazing at the front cover which provided plenty of inspiration between stories!

“Can’t Get Enough” by Shelly Laurenston is a 150 page historical tale of a pair of weredragons. He’s quite the ladies’ man (or should that be ladies’ dragon?) and she’s a scholar. He prefers to spend his time in human form, she’s only in human form to be able to attend school. He and his family are loud, aggressive, obnoxious, and plebian. She is quiet, peaceful, studious, and royal. But they are also each products of their upbringing, and their love story is an example of learning to become friends first and finding out that each has something special to offer the other and can bring out those qualities that have been overlooked by others. Sexy and satisfying.

“Spellbound” by Cynthia Eden is close to 100 pages of a more contemporary story about a demon assassin summoned by a witch. She and her coven are being hunted by a warlock trying to ‘steal’ their power and magic. She’s the only one willing to risk herself in order to save what she considers her family, the coven. He’s a badass bad boy who can kill with a touch and he and his kind are the bogeymen of the magic world. This love story begins with passion and grows into love…with a price. This was actually my favorite in the anthology as it drew more emotion from me.

“Turn Me On” by Noelle Mack is 75 pages of one of the most imaginative contemporary love stories I’ve read. She’s just looking for an advertising job. He’s energy personified and found a way to embody. Now he runs an advertising agency where she has applied. I wish this story had been longer because it did feel rushed. To me the story revolved more around the advertising issues than the love issues…but I still enjoyed it. I’ll be looking to see if Mack writes a story about ‘Wind’ who had a passing part in this tale.

All in all, I had a good time reading “Everlasting Bad Boys” by Shelly Laurenston, Cynthia Eden, and Noelle Mack. The increased popularity of paranormal titles and delicious cover should help boost sales for this steamy trio of stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everlasting Bad Boys.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Auntee (new)

Auntee Hmmnn...after the tease about the cover, you know I had to take a peek! Tracked it down at Amazon and I see what you mean...one question--how did you get any reading done? ;D

Julie (jjmachshev) Sheer stubborness!!
J