Eliabeth Hawthorne's Reviews > Stay Tuned

Stay Tuned by Lauren Clark

May 08, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from April 14 to May 08, 2012

I wish the beginning had started out as strong as the end! I have very little patience for people or characters who whine about their life and make no effort to do anything about it. Melissa is unhappy with her job, is told the promotion is her's if she'll just tell her boss she wants it, but she drags her feet. She's unhappy in her marriage, feels neglected, feels like her husband is closed off, but she won't talk to him about it. She's upset about her relationship with her mother, but she makes no effort to change it.

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
-Lao-tzu

It doesn't matter what it is, if you're not happy with your life, do something to change it. It wasn't until the very end that I started really enjoying the book and quickly clicking through the pages on the Kindle. Predictable though it was, it made me cry, which in my mind makes the book a success. Sadly, it took a little too long to get good so I'm only giving it 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stay Tuned.

04/19/2012
04/22/2012
20.0% "It's just now starting to get good. There's a lot of set-up, but I think from here to the end is going to be pretty interesting."
04/29/2012
54.0% "It's finally getting good. I'm finding I really don't care about the station drama or Melissa's job. I'm captivated by her personal life, what's going on with her husband. It reminds me of In Leah's Wake. The family is falling apart, but no one is willing to do anything about it other than gripe."
show 5 hidden updates…