Jasmine Hawamdeh's Reviews > Fixing Delilah

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

U 50x66
Dec 09, 11

bookshelves: december-reads

I LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS BOOK!
Yup, I wrote "loved" three times. But I this book totally deserves it! This book starts of when your introduced to Delilah, she has no siblings, no father (who she thinks is dead), and a workaholic mother. She gets bad marks, is bullied at school by her "friends", "forgot" that she had lip gloss in her hand when she left the store, and sneaks out with a different boy every night into the forest. What a life. But there was a time where she had a better one, when her mother wasn't always working, and she went to Red Falls, Vermont every summer to see her aunt and grandparents and childhood friend "little Ricky". When her grandfather died 8 years ago, her whole family got into a huge fight and Delilah never went back, until they get a call that her grandmother "Nana" has died. So they pack up and head out to Red Falls. There she re-unites with "Little Ricky" now known as Patrick and he introduces her to Emily the three become friends and spend the summer together. It's not that easy though. Delilah goes through a roller coaster ride. She falls in love with Patrick, she found out the truth about her father, she learns about her mom's second sister Stephanie, who died at about Delilah’s age, and she learns why she never went back to Red Falls eight summers ago. There are more MUCH more bits of pieces of drama in this book that I adored. "Fixing Delilah" was an entertaining story that kept me up all night wanting to finish!
I picked it up because the title and the cover looked/sounded interesting. What made me for sure check it out though was that in the book jacket there was an reviewer who wrote "Will satisfy fans of Sarah Dessen" and shes like my favorite author ever so, YAY!
I would recommend this book to Shawna because she is the one that started me into Sarah Dessen books in the first place, and I think that this story is definitely very similar to her style writing and plot so a definitely satisfying read for any fan of Dessen.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fixing Delilah.